1. Thursday March 2 12:50-1:50PM MTSC 401 – Kevin Mortazavi from the UCR Neuroscience Program will be giving a talk about Neuroscience at UCR as well as his journey through science.
2. Apply for RE-ICE at UCR! This is an exciting undergraduate summer research opportunity at UC Riverside in the emerging field of Computational Entomology: RE-ICE (Research Experiences in IntegratedComputational Entomology). Complete details are available at http://www.cs.ucr.edu/~eamonn/REU/
. Early applications given first priority.
3. Interested in other national summer research opportunities? Please visit https://www.nsf.gov/crssprgm/reu/reu_search.jsp
. Choose your area of interest and click on the link. There are so many opportunities around the country! Apply now!
4. Did you know that RCC’s Community Garden donated over 40 pounds of food last month? Be a part of this exciting team bringing organic delicious food to Riverside! Volunteers needed 8-10AM Tuesdays, Fridays, and Sundays. For more information contact Preston.Galusky@rcc.edu.
5. Interested in water resource issues? Volunteers needed! Please email email@example.com. More information on this project can be found at the California Data Collaborative website: http://californiadatacollaborative.org/blog/2017/2/1/civic-spark-cadc-outdoor-water-use-survey.
6. 12:50PM Tuesday March 7 STEM CENTER OPEN HOUSE – Join us for food, friends, and fun!
7. Save the dates! Thursdays 12:50PM MTSC 401 – STEM SHOP TALKS
March 9 – Journey to Graduate School and Introduction to Computational Research – Sangavi Pari – University of California – Riverside Department of Chemical and Environmental Engineering
March 16 – Erika Stocker – My Internship with AmeriCorps – Our own RCC STEM student Erika Stocker will talk about her adventures!
March 23 – Cal Poly Pomona Society of Women Engineers (SWE) – Our former RCC STEM students will talk about their experiences as engineering students and their pathway to success!
March 30 – UC- Berkeley School of Public Health – more information to come!
The STEM Program
Heather M. Smith, M.S., Ph.D.
Professor, Life Sciences
STEM Program Coordinator
Riverside City College